12 Steps to raise a juvenile delinquent
This comes from a leaflet from the Houston Police Department. It is apparently very old; there has been a little update. I believe it still applies.
- Begin with infancy to give the child everything he/she wants. In this way he/she will grow up to believe that the world owes him/her a living.
- When he/she picks up bad words, laugh at him/her. This will make him/her think that it is cute.
- Never give him/her any spiritual training. Wait until he/she is twenty-one and then they can decide for themselves.
- Avoid the use of the word “wrong”. He/she may develop a guilt complex. This will condition him/her to believe later, when he/she is arrested, that society is against him/her and he/her is being persecuted.
- Pick up everything he/she leaves lying around. Do everything for him/her so that he/she will be experienced in throwing all responsibility on others.
- Take his/her side against neighbors, teachers, and policemen. They are all prejudiced against your child.
- Quarrel frequently in the presence of your children. In this way they won’t be so shocked when the home is broken up later.
- Give the child all the spending money he/she wants. Never let them earn their own.
- Satisfy his/her every craving for food, drink, and comfort. See that his/her every sensual desire is gratified.
- Let him/her read any printed material, what any movie or TV show, and listen to any music he/she can get his/her hands on. Be careful that the silverware and drinking glasses are sterilized, but let their mind feast on garbage.
- When he/she gets into real trouble, apologize to yourself by saying, “I could never do anything with him/her.”
- Prepare for a life of grief. You will likely have it.